RESTORATION PHOTOS
 
 
Carnton is an historic plantation home that served as a hospital during the Civil War Battle of Franklin in November, 1864. One soldier wrote, “the wounded, in hundreds, were brought to the house during the battle, and all the night after. And when the noble old house could hold no more, the yard was appropriated until the wounded and dead filled that…” After the battle the plantation owners, John and Carrie McGavock, became concerned about the burial conditions of the many confederate soldiers who died in the battle. Most had been interred in shallow graves on the battle field. They designated nearly two acres of land near their family cemetery for the re-interment of close to 1,500 Confederate soldiers. Today, the McGavock Confederate Cemetery is a lasting memorial honoring those fallen soldiers. Here the home is viewed from within the cemetery while the early morning mist still shrouds the house.
 
 
 
OUR STUDIO...

DiAnna Tindell

According to DiAnna Tindell there is no joy greater than returning an object that has been chipped, cracked or broken to its original shape and beauty. "There's nothing to match the appreciation in the owner's eyes when they first see it," said Tindell. {more}
MENU
Member Log In
Join Our Website
Home
Class Registration
Restoration Products
Appraisal Service
Restoration Service
Special Offers & Resources
Upcoming Events
Published Articles
Photos
Q & A Helpful Info


© Material Copyright 2002-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Click to Contact: Tindell's Schools

Tindell's Restoration Schools
P.O. Box 1068
Cane Ridge, TN 37011-1068

TEL: (615) 941-5354 CELL: (615) 945-2950

Advanced Hosting Services provided by: Technical Truth